It recognises that caring can be a gradual and unexpected challenge, bringing some reward but also resentment, guilt, grief and loss.
The webinar provides several tools for building emotional resilience and includes a relaxing experiential exercise. It includes information about the support offered by Hertfordshire and Mid Essex Talking Therapies for anyone interested in engaging more closely with the team.
Key topics covered:
- The personal impact of caring: a review of the way caring can become part of what you do, and the diverse ways this can impact on emotions.
- Difficult emotions: a discussion around emotions common to carers, but which are often difficult to admit to, including guilt, resentment, grief and loneliness.
- Building resilience: techniques and strategies to maintain emotional strength, locate and draw on resources, and learn greater self-care and compassion.
The CBT emotional resilience toolkit:
- Self-care and compassion: give yourself time.
- Normalise difficult feelings: caring is demanding; difficult feelings are to be expected.
- Build a support network: family, friends, professionals and local communities can help.
- Cognitive and behavioural tools: spot unhelpful ways of thinking, manage diet, exercise, social and family time.
- Mindfulness: learn quick, easy ways to calm your mind.
To find more information or to self-refer to Hertfordshire & Mid Essex Talking Therapies please visit: www.hpft-talkingtherapies.nhs.uk or talk to your GP.
If you require any additional support registering for any of our webinars, please email: email@example.com
We also have a variety of self-help videos available that focus on a range of topics including stress, sleep, nature and wellbeing, tips for healthcare staff and mindfulness. Click here for more information about our self-help videos.
Please note this video was created prior to our service name change (from HPFT IAPT) to 'Hertfordshire and Mid Essex Talking Therapies'.